Production Planning is indeed changing traditional distribution channels. As organizations move from mass production and mass distribution to mass customization, creative approaches are needed in Production Planning management. The challenge is always present, because different customers may demand different levels of service. Demand often cannot be forecasted, especially if one must deliver customized products exactly where the customer needs them. Production Planning is the answer
Businesses today must understand that they are competing on the basis of time more than on any other factor. The rigors of production planning require that you take action to meet your customers’ demand for faster, more frequent and more reliable deliveries. Your suppliers need to meet increasingly precise inbound schedules. Tomorrow’s customers are more likely to be in another country or continent than they are likely to be from across town, in another state, or in another country.
This intensive and practical training on Production Planning will help you stay in touch with the most important new concepts in the production planning field, allowing you to respond to the ever-changing operational demands created by an ever-expanding global market.
You will not only learn practical ways to improve production planning selection, warehouse layouts, inventory control, put-away, packing, loading, picking, and receiving, but you will start immediately to identify ways to apply these ideas to your specific environment.
During the class, you will have the chance to develop your own action plan so you can put the seminar to work for you right away. Furthermore, you will soon see how the time-tested techniques from stores operations and inventory management can be used successfully on the job to strengthen the relationship between the overall organization and your warehouse
Objectives of the Production Planning Seminar
- Learn the best practices in production planning and inventory control.
- Learn how to forecast, monitor, and control inventory to maximize profits.
How you will benefit from this Production Planning training
- Learn from an experienced expert practitioner and trainer.
- Receive an updated set of templates that you can use immediately.
- Enjoy the benefits of a small group size where the presenter can pay more attention to you and your unique needs.
At the training, you will learn the following:
- How to select an inventory control method that best suits your production planning goals
- How to identify the precise problems that are most troublesome in your warehouse
- Cost-cutting, productivity improvement, inventory reduction, and cost-effective measures for your warehouse
- The most important concepts in the warehousing/distribution field today and its emerging role
- How to layout your warehouse for good space utilization, material handling compatibility, and optimum efficiency
- Which equipment best suits your particular operations for storage and handling
- Practical techniques for improving your day-to-day warehouse operations
- How to develop a balance between warehouse service level and your customers’ needs
- How to conduct a physical inventory and a cycle count
The specific benefits of attending this Production Planning training:
- Measuring warehouse productivity and improving it
- Estimating storage and space requirements accurately
- Practical techniques to manage the critical functions of an effective warehouse
- Selecting the proper equipment for your warehouse
- Choosing efficient storage systems for your warehouse
- Procedures for streamlining the flow of paper and materials to smooth workloads and improve warehouse controls
- Scheduling work to meet volume and costs targets
- Developing specific and realistic guidelines for planning and designing a warehouse
- How to simplify, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY—and increase your warehouse productivity in the process
- Methods for assembling and analyzing the information you need to optimize your warehouse operations
- Increasing the capacity of your warehouse with optimal storage methods
- Balancing your warehouse service level with customers’ requirements
- The importance of focusing on the primary warehouse functions—and continuously improving your results
- How to be aware of the warehouse’s rhythm by determining management techniques for scheduling work and evaluating functional operations
- Order filling and selection techniques that will increase the speed, cut the cost, or reduce travel time
- Specific, proven techniques to reduce your inventory while increasing control and improving customer service
- Ways to achieve a high inventory record and location accuracy
Special Features and Value-Added Extras
- The ten good warehousing practices
- The Dos and Don’ts of physical inventory procedures
- Checklists for evaluating receiving, storage planning, productive picking, shipping, and layout and housekeeping
- Customer service metrics—universal and standard product measures
- A 3-page checklist to rate your warehouse security
- Checklists for lift truck maintenance, industrial truck safety, and lift truck buying
- Rack storage comparison, narrow aisle storage system combination, and building cube money and space comparison charts
Who should attend the training?
- Newly appointed as well as experienced supervisors and Production Managers
- Inventory Planners
- Inventory Staff
- Warehouse Staff
- Purchasing Staff
- Process Engineers
- Team Leaders
- Manufacturing Specialists
- Production Managers
Production Planning and Inventory Control Seminar Duration
Three (3) days
Individual and group exercises
Post- Course Assessments
Games and educational competitions
Professional videos & Audio presentations