Finance Accounting Management training courses
Finance Accounting Management training courses helps anyone in business to succeed if they are not financially literate – and no business will succeed without financially-literate people. This Finance for Non-finance manager training course is for managers and other professionals or specialist who don’t have a financial qualification or background but who nonetheless need a greater/better understanding of the financial management in business decision-making and to succeed in their career. This course builds and create confidence in participants to discuss and understand business – related accounting and financial matters in no time.
- Understand and speak the basic finance language
- Gain greater confidence with basic finance concepts
- Apply financial concepts and methods in business decision making
- Translate/relate your department performance into financial terms
- Make smarter and informed decisions that delivers higher profitability
- Enhance your value to your organization and expand your professional expertise
- Better communicate with confidence your contribution to the bottom line
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Be familiar with the concept of basic accounts
- Understand how they can be used to manage performance
- Appreciate the contribution that financial information makes to business decisions
- Be more adept in decision making
- Be encouraged to want to explore your own organisation’s finances in more depth
* Concept of Value Creation,
* Understanding Financial Statements,
* Analyzing Financial Ratios,
* Working Capital and Operating Cycles,
* Understanding and Controlling Costs,
* Capital Investment Appraisal
* Financial Instruments and Risk Management
* Short-Term and Long-Term Financial Planning
* Evaluating Financial Performance
* Business Valuation & Corporate Restructuring
* Understanding Management Accounting
* Financial Forecasting & Managing Growth
Who Should Attend?
Business Managers, Department Heads & Managers, Profit Center Managers, Sales & Marketing Managers, Any Managers or Executive with a non-financial background
The Need for Financial Intelligence
Understanding the foundation
Understanding the art
Understanding the big picture
Finance within the Organization
The makeup of the finance function
Where does money come from?
Where does it go?
Accounting for Business
The three key questions
- How are we doing?
- How did we do?
- What are we going to do?
- Financial Accounting and Management Accounting – the differences
The key elements of published reports and accounts.
- Types of assets
- Types of Liabilities
- Working capital
Profit and Loss
- Types of Costs
- Levels of Profit
Revenue and Costs
Relationship between revenue and costs
Marginal Costs and Marginal Revenue
Law of diminishing returns
Types of ratios
Reasons for budgeting
Types of budgets
Human side of budgeting
Tips for successful budgeting
The Cost of Capital and Capital Investment Appraisal
Defining the cost of capital
Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
The capital investment process
Capital Investment appraisal
Accounting Rate of Return
Net Present Value (NPV)
Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Strategy and Financing the Business
Financing the business, including short-term versus long term, and debt versus equity
Understanding the drivers in your business
Building your management dashboard
The effect of competitive strategy and how to gain competitive advantage
- The balanced scorecard and critical success factors
- Avoiding paralysis by analysis
- Introduction to economic value added (EVA)
Practical: This course is heavy on reality and light on theory. Our trainers will introduce the concepts clearly, and then focus on real-world skills that connect the big picture to your job. Courses are updated regularly and trainers are active in the industry so your knowledge will be fresh and relevant.
Active: Training consists of concise briefings on best practice, backed up by interactive learning activities like workshops, role-plays, case study analysis, coaching, brainstorms and structured group discussions. You will not sit passively through long lectures.
Stimulating: This course is interesting, intellectually stimulating and delivered in a relaxed and professional style.
Inspiring: All REMOIK Pinnacle trainers are hands-on communication professionals with years of experience. We don’t employ academic teachers – we insist on good-humoured enthusiasts who will inspire your creativity.