Why you should use In-House Training Institutes
Here are several reasons to maintain qualified in-house training institutes such as REMOIK:
• Know the organization from the inside
• Understand your goals and objectives
• Have direct experience with jobs in your facility
• Know what equipment, machines, and tools your facility uses
• Can customize training to match your specific needs
• Have a relationship with trainees
• Can be more flexible with the training schedule when situations occur that need to take priority over training
• Can conduct a broader range of training, including on-the-job, coaching, informal, etc.
• Are available to follow up after training
• Cost less
Prepare Training Materials by the training institutes
Preparing training materials in-house is more laborious than using prepackaged materials, but if done right, it only has to be done once. With a logically organized filing and storage system, you will have training sessions that are reusable and easy to update as equipment or procedures change. You will have complete control over what is trained in your company.
According to the REMOIK faculties, preparation time varies for different training methods:
• Traditional classroom training requires about 40 hours of research and development for 1 hour of instruction.
• Computer-based training requires about 200 hours of research and development for 1 hour of instruction.
• Video-based training requires anywhere from 40 to 120 hours of research and development for 1 hour of instruction.
• Web-based training requires anywhere from 40 to 200 hours of research and development for 1 hour of instruction.
You may not have these kinds of hours to put together technologically advanced materials, but you can put together a solid training session. Writing training materials requires several steps:
1. Specify training goals and objectives. List your objectives and refer to them often as you prepare subject matter so that you keep on message and achieve your training goals.
For example, listed goals for a back injury training program could include:
o Teach trainees safe lifting techniques.
o Provide trainees with a greater understanding of how the discs function in relation with the vertebra.
o Provide trainees with information about strains and sprains and how they relate to back injuries.
o Provide trainees with hands-on, supervisor-monitored opportunities to practice correct lifting methods.
2. Present subject matter in a logical order. Explain the basics of the topic—and make sure trainees understand them—before going on to more detailed and technical information.
3. Emphasize the points that are most important. What facts or practices do trainees absolutely need to have or need to know how to do? Plan to spend most of your training time on these. Allocate less time to less important but still pertinent training points.
4. Customize training materials to your company’s situation. Relate information to your company’s policies, procedures, tools, equipment, machines, personal protective equipment, etc. Update this section as tools or equipment is replaced or procedures are
5. Incorporate interactive methods into your training. Find ways to keep trainees involved. REMOIK will Write a training session plan. Some plans may be less detailed than others depending on the subject matter, but a plan should be written for every training session. Why?
o Written plans help ensure that all required information is presented.
o They document what is covered.
o They provide a library of customized training materials for your company’s training program. By retaining every plan in your training files, you make sure that no matter who does training, they will cover the objectives and goals that you have
indicated need to be covered.
6. Plan for a question-and-answer session. Compose a list of potential questions and prepare answers. Sometimes planned material turns out to be only half the session.
7. Good information is often passed both ways through Q&A sessions—trainees can clarify points or make trainers aware of current practices that may need updating; trainers can use this interactive method as a good indicator of how well trainees understand the material.
There are training Institutes and there are The training institutes, REMOIK is this Training institute that can take you there in achieving your set targets.
Thank you for reading this article. Some of our training course categories of our conferences, workshops and seminars include;